Century Center is managed by SMG, a well-recognized, worldwide venue management group. SMG believes that events should bring people and ideas together, and these events should be produced with environmentally-conscious practices, products and people.
SMG insists on providing education on sustainable practices to clients, contractors, event attendees and staff. All of Century Center's contracts include language about sustainabile practices and "green meeting" suggestions are provided to event planners. The facility also features green messaging throughout the building to educate and promote sustainable practices.
These Best Practices include:
- Commitment and Awareness
- Energy Efficiency
- Solid Waste Management
- Water Conservation
- Environmental Procurement
Our Commitment Is On-going
In addition to these established sustainablility efforts and practices, Century Center has recently implemented a multi-million dollar renovation plan intended to further reduce energy and maintenance costs. This renovation plan comes as an added effort to reinforce its commitment to environmental responsibility. Throughout the course of the 15-year program, the renovation project will produce 1.5 million dollars in energy savings.
Some of the renovations include:
- The replacement of the building's seven roofs
- The installation of solar panels on the roof
- Update lighting with LED and high-efficiency lights
- Upgrades to the HVAC system
Century Center exclusively employs SAVOR...South Bend for all of its catering needs. SAVOR...South Bend shares Century Center's pledge to environmental responsibility and has launched SAVOR Earth, a program that minimizes environmental impact.
SAVOR...South Bend's sustainability practices include:
- A thorough recycling and compost program
- Purchasing green and compostable products
- A new 2015 menu that utilizes locally grown or sourced products
- Partnering with The Aquarium of the Pacific to use a sustainable seafood program